What is Glaucoma ?
Glaucoma is a medical problem of the eye. In Glaucoma, the optic nerve gets damaged, and may even worsens over time leading
to loss of vision and if left untreated, permanent blindness.
Severe eye infection, inflammation in the eye, blockage of blood vessels in the eye, injury to the eye, chemical damages
to the eye are the usual culprits.
- Vision loss
- Seeing halos around lights
- Redness in the eye
- Sudden hazy or blurred vision
- Pain in the eye
- Narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
- Flashes of light or black spots
- Double vision
- Seeing spots, ghost-like images
Who’s at Risk for Glaucoma?
- Genetics and family history play an important role.
- African Descent- People from africa tend to suffer more from Glaucoma.
- 40+, Age related degeneration takes place, over 40.
- Poor vision in general.
- Thin corneas increase the likelihood.
- Diabetes increases risk factor.
- Trauma to the eye
- Intake of steroid medications, such as prednisone
There are several ways in which Glaucoma can be treated which could be prescription eye drops for less severe problems,
microsurgery to drain out excess eye fluid , or various laser surgery procedures.
To get a 2nd opinion if you are looking for a surgery for Glaucoma,
To compare cost of eye surgeries in India,
Chat with us on facebook at m.me/ihealthkonnect