Robotics or computer assisted surgeries are helping patients with advanced cancer care. Robotic surgery effectively means’ robotic systems designed specifically to assist surgeons perform, complex surgical procedures with precision, control and dexterity.
These are often difficult to reach cancerous tumours, which the surgeons are able to view with increased vision and hence excise with precious thanks to video assisted robotic systems.
In general, the surgeon uses the robotic systems, arms to perform the surgery instead of his own hands. Most good systems come equipped with cameras and 3D imaging to enable surgeons to view deeper locations inside the body and reach the diseased tissue with greater range of motion and precision.
Cyberknife, Gamma Knife, Novalis, Da Vinci are various forms of robotics systems available to assist surgeons.
Robotics can today be used for prostate cancer treatment, oral cancer treatment, breast cancer treatment, throat cancer treatment, thyroid cancer treatment, ovarian cancer treatment, uterine cancer treatment, oesophageal cancer, brain tumour surgery, treatment of bone and soft tissue sarcoma, lung cancer, and several other cancers.
Though we will cover each of these procedures in greater detail in subsequent posts, here are a few significant benefits of minimally invasive, Robotics assisted surgeries
- Fewer incisions- Maximum size of incisions is usually not more than 7mm .
- Significantly lower blood loss as compared to open surgeries.
- Targeted, Higher Dose of Radiation.
- Less Trauma, pain Quicker, faster recovery.
- Reduced hospital stays of sometimes even one day( specific to surgery)
- Added benefits for obese and diabetic patients with co morbidities where wound healing and open surgery complications need to be avoided.
To know more on whether you can be helped with robotic assisted surgery , write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or click to send us a query.
Click, to compare cost of medical treatment, from the best hospitals in India.
To chat with us on Facebook, click here