Teeth: As per Merriam Webster, teeth are defined as the hard bony appendages that are borne on the jaws in the mouth or pharynx and exist for eating food and as weapons of offense and defense.
Over the years, modern physicists have discovered that there is indeed a direct relationship between teeth and Qi ( Energy ). The Chinese found a way to measure Qi and map the pathways – this led them to the conclusion that if Qi was normal, there was good blood flow in the body ; however, if there was disturbed Qi – it symbolised disease and disturbed blood flow.
According to them, teeth are indicative of the state of internal organs in the body and hence pain often indicates trouble in the connected body organ. One’s lips are related to the spleen, teeth are related to various organs in the body, the gum is related to the stomach, and the tongue is related to the heart.
Below are a few health problems which our teeth, gums and tongue indicate :
- The normal colour of lips is bright red and moist. Dry lips indicate pathogenic dryness, Pale lips indicate blood shortage or anemia, and purple lips indicate coldness or poor circulation.
- Dry teeth indicate insufficient liquid in the kidneys.
- Pale gums indicate blood deficiency, Red and swollen lips indicate stomach fire, and Bleeding from the swollen gums indicates the blood vessel damage. Furthermore, the various teeth in the mouth also indicate the state of various organs.
- Bladder, Kidney and Ears : Link to Upper and Lower Incisors
- Liver and Gall Bladder: Canine Teeth
- Lungs: Pre Molars
- Stomach Heart, Pancreas and Spleen : Molars
But, does this mean that the damage of the teeth is responsible for all internal damages?
Thankfully, no. However pain in various teeth may indicate problems with specific body organs.
Given below are the connections between the teeth and the organs :
- As the top and bottom 4 incisors are directly related to the kidney and bladder. Pain in upper and lower incisors could mean infection or inflammation in the kidney, inflammation of the prostate gland or even middle ear infection.
- As top and bottom 2 canines are directly related to the liver and bladder. Thus pain in your canines could indicate a Hepatitis A,B. C infection or inflammation of the gall bladder.
- Lungs and large intestines are related to the top and bottom 4 bicuspids or premolars, pain may indicate, inflammation of the colon, bronchitis, asthma, other lung problems such as COPD.
- The first and second molars are directly related to the spleen and stomach and pain could indicate gastric problems, pancreatitis and even ulcers.
- The third molars or the wisdom teeth are directly related to the small intestine and the heart and pain may indicate cardiac disease, coronary heart disease and even congenital heart defects such as PDA, TOF, Fontan, VSD, ASD , ASO, AV Canal and may even pre empt a CABG or an Angioplasty
- Build up of plaque in the arteries, problems with arteries, varicose veins may be the actual trouble spots if you have pain in the sixth lower teeth.
- Thyroid problems such as hypothyroidism, sinus, spleen and even inflammation of ovaries may be the real reason behind pain in sixth upper teeth.
- Arthritis, problems with colon, pain in joints such as knee, elbow and shoulder may be the reasons for pain in the upper and lower fourth teeth.
So next time you have tooth pain, look for the real reason before heading for a tooth extraction or ( RCT) root canal treatment. A tooth pain, may be a warning in disguise for you to watch out and take care of the impending health problem?
To get a free 2nd medical opinion on your medical problem Consult Now
To compare cost of surgery, cost of medical treatment from the best hospitals in India, click here